- Provide a voice for the music library community in the formation and testing of the Bibliographic Framework Initiative (BIBFRAME)
- Test the BIBFRAME schema and the LC MARC-to-BIBFRAME converter with regards to how they handle music materials, including scores and sound recordings
- Provide feedback to LC and Zepheira on particular areas of interest for music, such as medium of performance, genre, preferred titles and name-title authorities
- Identify a means for continually monitoring, evaluating and testing BIBFRAME implementations
- Make recommendations regarding how MLA can best communicate BIBFRAME development to the MLA community and voice responses to BIBFRAME development
- Test BIBFRAME implementations for particular areas of music resources
- Monitor training opportunities in which music librarians could participate and share information about such opportunities
For more information, please see the Task Force’s page on the MLA website.